Thursday, February 08, 2007

Date with a Demo #2!

Okay, well I took Free Spirits to SAC's Date with a Demo tonight.

I got some positive feedback from the panel members, John Acosta and Ron Lopata, both local songwriters/producers. John was kind enough to see a Gordon Lightfoot feel to my song/voice, and Ron said it evoked a Van Morrison vibe for him... so, so far, so good...

BUT, they both felt the song's chorus was a pre-chorus and not an actual chorus... so more work needs to be done although the last line of my chorus - The only true free spirit here is me - did withstand their scrutiny, they just wished there was a bigger payoff in the chorus. All in all though, very encouraging...

I will return...

No comments:

Use this banner code to link to our Lyricist product Free shipping on most orders over $49