Monday, October 22, 2007

More Regional Songwriters Group

My SAC Regional Songwriter's Group met on October 6, 2007, for the first meeting back since the Spring... It was nice to get back into it and the meeting location was my favourite home recording gear store: Revolution Audio.

The special guest was Eve Goldberg, and she played and related some wonderful songs, songwriting tips and stories. Here is Eve's bio (shortest version) from her website:
Known for her watercolour voice and solid guitar style, Eve Goldberg is a
compelling writer and interpreter whose music spans folk, blues, country, swing, bluegrass, and gospel. A favourite at festivals, folk clubs and concert series across Canada and the U.S, she has released three albums to widespread acclaim.

As always, Liana led the group and I thanked her for quoting me in the latest edition of SAC's 'zine, Songwriter's Magazine. There's no link to the magazine yet on SAC's website but I just related how the group led me to see songwriting as a "craft" over my past treatment of it as a "hobby"... Now, I NEED to get PUBLISHED!

May the Muse be with you...

No comments:

Use this banner code to link to our Lyricist product Free shipping on most orders over $49