Monday, October 18, 2010

Juno Awards Adds Electronic Music Category

Canada’s Juno Awards has added an electronic music category for next years awards… and the site is open for submissions now…

If only I could compose an Electronic Album, then maybe I could have a shot at a Juno… NOT!  Of course, I’m dating myself but I start thinking of Kraftwerk and Vangelis… I’m sure I’ll be listening for the nominees in this category and learning a few things… why have all these toys with Reaper and VSTs and such if I don’t open my mind to other kinds of music and songwriting… hmm… a side project I guess…

Here’s the category as outlined by the Juno Awards:

The new category is defined as album-length original recordings composed with electronic equipment as the essential songwriting tools and defined by their electronic elements. Musical genres and respective subgenres such as (but not limited to) techno, house, electro, trance, drum’n’bass, dubstep, grime, electro-acoustic, turntablism, sample-based music, ambient and downtempo are eligible for this category.

Well, may the Muse be with you electronic mixers…

alt

2 comments:

always wonder and take risks said...

You should read the "frustrated songwriter's Handbook" by Karl Coryat and Nicholas Dobson. This book's whole premise is to not care about results and just Write. Dare to Fail.

I Am also Wanting to be A published songwriter and Would not Mind working with someone who is serious at songwritng.

My email is samjerom2001@yahoo.com

Email me if you ever want to collaborate on a song or idea that you have

Renz said...

I have to say... I like the premise (re Dare to Fail)...

All the best and good luck to you...

Use this banner code to link to our Lyricist product Free shipping on most orders over $49