Thursday, January 18, 2007

First Gig...

Okay, it's official, my name is "in lights" at the Renaissance Cafe event website. Go down to LiANA's CD Release Party info for the 20th of January and you'll see "Lorenzo Policelli" last there... hopefully, everybody will be drunk and tired by the time I'm supposed to go on at 11:15 p.m. (way past my bedtime btw :)

My friend Jeff has been very kind and encouraging. He's showing up with my buddies Rico & Pete on Saturday nite as well... as he tells me (when I told him I was nervous):

  • First of all you can do this and once you complete the first song you won't want to get off the stage. Remember your performances with Santina - they were a lot of fun. No one does your songs vocally better than you. You have a unique sound that goes well with your genre of music. At the end of the
    day, even if no one likes it, who cares - just getting up there and doing it
    is more than most of the world could ever say.
    Secondly, if you want me to bring my guitar down and just play some back up on a few songs - no problem...

I have to admit that the offer to back me up is very tempting, but I do want to do one of these on my own one time, so why not now? Wish me luck (still have to pick a set of 4 to 6 songs to play)...

Ci vedimes...

No comments:

Use this banner code to link to our Lyricist product Free shipping on most orders over $49