Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Music Computer Stolen - Important Works Lost

In Illinois, Lake Forest College's Department of Music suffered a serious blow when it's one and only laptop was stolen - read the full article here and a small selection follows:

Associate Professor of Music Donald Meyer, who chairs the department and specializes in use of the studio, called the incident "a devastating loss." Besides taking away important work by his students and himself, the theft has disrupted his ability to teach Songwriting this semester. Productivity in the class came to a halt, since the stolen computer was the only one students could use to record and compose in the department.

I don't know... I suffered the same fate once when my laptop was stolen, but I had most of my songs backed up (though not all). It seems to me that some precautions should have been taken - stolen or not, even a hard drive failure could have led to this outcome... but who am I to judge...

May the laptop be returned and may the Muse be with this songwriting program, professor and students...

Technorati :

No comments:

Use this banner code to link to our Lyricist product Free shipping on most orders over $49