Thursday, November 08, 2007

Small Talk

I was working on a song last night from an idiom (Small Talk) that is an assignment in my songwriting class. We came up with the notion that "small talk", which may have a negative connotation as being meaningless and superficial, can actually be a lifesaver for some people who are not in the mainstream - a kind "hello" or "how are you doing?" at an opportune time could bring someone down from the precipice...

Wholly unrelated... I did want to point out a posting from this morning giving kudos to all the songwriting bloggers out there... Thanks to Jeff for maintaining a great songwriting blog... I certainly don't equate this with the "small talk" part of my thought process, just the random "bon mots" part...

May the Muse be with us...

No comments:

Use this banner code to link to our Lyricist product Free shipping on most orders over $49