Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hockey Night in Canada Anthem Challenge

Well, I uploaded my song finally after Jeff helped me with his fine singing and some ideas about keys & tempo...

Please have a listen to We're In The Game (Hockey Night) and let me know what you think, or better yet, give me a nice high rating on the CBC Hockey Anthem Challenge (click the pic).

Here is the song itself, embedded here:












And here are the lyrics... May the Muse be with me...
A nation gathers for the night
It's for the game that we unite
Each hope their team will hit the heights

Each goal that's scored could lead to fame
It's hockey night we're in the game
It's hockey night we're in the game!

From north to south and coast to coast
We are engaged - We are engrossed
It's for our team we'll cheer the most

Each save that's made leads to acclaim
It's hockey night we're in the game
It's hockey night we're in the game!

When our team succeeds - that's why we came
So we can share their deeds - We're in the game! We're in the game!

We know their hearts - We know their names
It's hockey night we're in the game
It's hockey night we're in the game!

©Words and Music by Lorenzo D. Policelli
July 2008

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too slow! Speed it up alot! Could be good!

Renz said...

yeah, that's the feedback I'm getting... maybe I'll try a "sped" up shorter (in length) "theme" version... thanks for the feedback pinball king...

Use this banner code to link to our Lyricist product Free shipping on most orders over $49