Friday, November 07, 2008

U2 - Stuck In A Songwriting Block Moment...

Even the best go through it... On U2's website, you can catch this video which shows the band, and producer Daniel Lanois, deep in concentration in their songwriting process... staring at blank pieces of paper and clicking their laptops... man, that sounds familiar...

Oh well... something tells me that these guys eventually break the block and write something worthy... it would be nice if they showed us that part in the video, but it may just come down to the fact that the Muse is with them...

Technorati : ,

3 comments:

Binary Rhyme said...

Heh. This reminds me of a friend of mine who asked Farley Mowatt what he does to break writer's block. The answer was - he runs up his Visa.

The answer so profoundly insightful into the reality of being a professional writer, I whipped up a fun little poem on it.

http://theseussolution.blogspot.com/2008/10/farley.html

Anonymous said...

Do songwriters really do that? Sit around all day looking at a blank page? What's the point?
I just jot down notes whenever something has an emotional effect on me.

Renz said...

binary rhyme, I enjoyed the poem (and the blog)... running up the debt can certainly be "inspirational" though I'm keeping my day job regardless... I actually enjoy it...

and pinball king... I agree, but I guess, this is their "job" so, at times, they have to "work" at it... if that's what it is...

Use this banner code to link to our Lyricist product Free shipping on most orders over $49