Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Foster wants to pen the theme for Vancouver 2010

VANCOUVER/CKNW(AM980) - The man who wrote the theme song for Calgary’s Olympics in 1988 wants to do the same for Vancouver in 2010. But no one's officially asked him yet.

On top of working with some of the world's biggest stars, David Foster is also recognized for his own songwriting talents.

He says he'd love to pen a song for 2010.

"I was asked a couple of years ago and I think I’m a logical choice, but I haven't been formally asked, but I’d love to do it if I get asked."

Last week, Olympic organizers unveiled Australian David Atkins will oversee a team of ten putting together the opening and closing ceremonies for 2010...as well as all the nightly entertainment.

Source

I guess you have to have an ego in this game... Foster's certainly earned it, but a little humility goes a long way too I think... May the Muse be with him...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

His song for the ROM crystal opening was terrible.

Use this banner code to link to our Lyricist product Free shipping on most orders over $49