Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The criticism comes...

I posted Prelude to the Fall (see link from previous blog post) on Muses Muse for some feedback. Here's where to find the forum topic where you can see fellow songwriters critique the song. It's an arduous process, but the criticisms are fair... I have to get better at producing the songs... at putting what's in my head (the BIG sound) down into the computer and mixing it all up well.

My wife and I were watching Rock Star: Supernova last night and I missed Dilana's original tune (although I've since watched it on the website, it's called 'Supersoul'), but my wife said one of the criticisms against her was her song was too literal. My wife was in no way being subtle at hinting that my songs are also too literal. From the performance recap page of the show's website, Gilby is said to have thought that the song's lyric was "unimaginative".

Visit my Soundclick site (links on the sideboard) and tell me if you agree with my wife... I do and I don't... but I don't think I'm unimaginative, and regardless, sometimes a song needs to be literal.

No comments:

Use this banner code to link to our Lyricist product Free shipping on most orders over $49