Thursday, March 08, 2007

SAC Regional Songwriters Workgroup #5

Well, we had our Regional Songwriters Group on Saturday. Liana led a very informative session on "Making a Music Demo". We were given some on-line resources as well: Berklee Music, Jason Blume and Song U, for a few. Also, locally in Toronto, Humber College offers an intensive Songwriting Workshop coming up this Summer (as it has in past years, and where, I understand, many of the TSA members met).

I've also asked Liana for a copy of her DVD from her CD-Release party so that I could have a memento of my first gig. Maybe at the next Group meeting, I'll bring my laptop along and burn a copy... (she's okay with that).

I'm excited that Lynn Harrison will be a guest speaker at our next group meeting in April. I think she's a wonderful songwriter/performer.

Ciao for now...

No comments:

Use this banner code to link to our Lyricist product Free shipping on most orders over $49